School Closing Alerts
School Closing Alerts for the mobile parent.
Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Our Website is a general audience site that is not designed nor intended to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We do not intentionally collect or maintain personal information from children under age 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13, we will take steps to remove that user's personal information permanently from our databases.
We require representatives from schools who register to use the services offered on our Website (collectively, the "Service") to give us contact information, such as his/her name, school name, address, phone number, teacher birth dates, email address and the number of users that will be using the Service. At the time you express interest in attaining additional information, or when you register for the Service, we may also ask for additional personal information, such as title, department name, fax number, number of classes or parent information. Users can opt out of providing this additional information by not entering it when asked. However, to use the Service, you must register and provide us with your name and email address and select a password.
We may associate your personal information provided to us from the schools and organization with other personal information that we collect from you. Users can update or remove their personal information at any time by logging into the Website and editing their personal information within Setup.
We collect information in the form of User Submissions (as described in the Terms & Conditions) [T&C] that you make to the Website. If you choose to engage in any commercial transactions at the Website, we collect your credit card information and relevant data to effect the transaction.
Users of the Service will be using the Website to host data and information ("Data"). SchoolCues will not review, share, distribute, print, or reference any such Data except as provided in the Terms & Conditions, or as may be required by law. Individual records may at times be viewed or accessed only for the purpose of resolving a problem, support issue, or suspected violation of the Terms & Conditions, or as may be required by law. Of course, users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of their registration data and password.
We collect aggregate information about you and your use of our Website whenever you visit us online. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems, and to administer our Website to constantly improve the quality of the Service. For instance, we may collect various forms of "click stream" information such as entry and exit points for our Website (i.e., referring URLs or domains), site traffic statistics, page views, impressions, and operating system and browser type. In addition, when users request pages on our Website, our servers automatically log their IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet.
This aggregate information generally will not personally identify you or be correlated to you individually for external purposes. We may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all aggregate information, provided that, such information does not personally identify you. When we share such information with third parties, it is not traceable to any particular user, and will not be used to contact you.
When you interact with the SchoolCues Website we strive to make that experience easy and meaningful. When you come to our Website, our Web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that Web browsers place on a computer's hard drive and are used to tell us whether users and visitors have visited the Website previously.
Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to SchoolCues , either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, or registering, you remain anonymous to SchoolCues. Cookies come in two flavors: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you've closed your browser or turned off your computer. They include such information as a unique identifier for your browser.
SchoolCues uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows SchoolCues to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you've logged in and are required in order to use the Services. SchoolCues uses persistent cookies that only SchoolCues can read and use, to identify the fact that you are a SchoolCues user or prior Website visitor (whatever the case may be). Users who disable their Web browsers' ability to accept cookies will not be able to successfully use our Service.
Third Party Cookies
We may disclose your personal information and any other information that we collect:
- to comply with the law, cooperate and respond to requests and claims or comply with legal process served on us (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order);
- to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions, policies or agreements;
- to protect and defend our or our user's rights or property, the Website, our employees, visitors or the public, (including protecting and defending from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, the Website); or
- if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
The Website contains links to other websites. School Cues is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites. Users and visitors will need to check the policy statement of these others websites to understand their policies. Users and visitors who access a linked site may be disclosing their private information. It is the responsibility of the user to keep such information private and confidential.
Our Website has security measures in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Data, personal information and all other information under our control. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store, maintain and secure personal information to protect it from loss, misuse, alternation or destruction by any unauthorized party.
SchoolCues offers its visitors and users a means to choose how we may use information provided. If, at any time after registering for information or the Service, you change your mind about receiving information from us or about sharing your information with third parties, send us a request specifying your new choice. Simply send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with your name and email address in your registration so that we may update your information.
Correcting & Updating Your Information
If users need to update or change registration information they may do so by editing the user or organization record. To update a User Profile, log on to SchoolCues and navigate to profile setup section to add or update information. To update School's data, log on to SchoolCues and navigate to School Setup section. To discontinue the Service, email email@example.com. SchoolCues will respond to your correction or update request within at most 30 days from the date of your request. outside intruders.
Terms of service
You may not use this Website if you are under the age of 13. Our Website is not designed nor intended for children under the age of 13.
Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the Website, including without limitation, User Submissions (as defined below), text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos and interactive features, and the selection and arrangement of these items, ("Content") and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained on the Website ("Marks"), are the proprietary property of SchoolCues and its licensors and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Content is provided for your information and personal use only and may not be used, copied, distributed, transmitted, podcast, displayed, sold, licensed, reverse engineered, de-compiled, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without SchoolCues' prior written consent. SchoolCues reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Website..
You are granted a limited, non-exclusive, personal, non-sublicensable and revocable right to create a text hyperlink to the Website for non-commercial purposes, provided such link does not portray SchoolCues or any of its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner and provided further that the linking site does not contain any adult or illegal material or any material that is offensive, harassing or otherwise objectionable. You may not use a SchoolCues logo or other proprietary graphic of SchoolCues to link to the Website without our express written permission. Further, you may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any SchoolCues trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Website, the content of any text, or the layout or design of any page or form contained on a page on the Website without the prior written permission of SchoolCues.
- Subject to these Terms & Conditions, SchoolCues hereby grants you a non-exclusive, personal, non-sublicensable and restricted license to access and use the Website and to view, copy and print portions of Content ("License"). This License is specially conditioned on the following: (i) you will use the Website solely for your personal, informational and noncommercial use; (ii) you will not modify or make derivative uses of the Website or Content, or any portion of the Website or Content; (iii) you will not send unsolicited or unauthorized advertisements, spam, chain letters, etc.; (iv) you will not transmit any Content which contains software viruses, or other harmful computer code, files or programs; (v) you will not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Website with respect to their User Submissions (as defined below); (vi) you will not collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names or email addresses, from the Website, or use the communication systems provided by the Website for any commercial solicitation purposes; (vii) you will not disrupt servers or networks connected to the Website including launching "robots," "spiders," and "offline readers," or any other automated system that accesses the Website in a manner that sends more request messages to the SchoolCues servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional on-line web browser; (viii) you will include on any displays or printouts of the Content the copyright notice 2015, SchoolCues and its licensors. All rights reserved. and (ix) you comply with these Terms & Conditions. Except as expressly permitted above, any use of any portion of the Website or Content without the prior written permission of SchoolCues is strictly prohibited and will terminate the License.
- Subject to these Terms & Conditions, SchoolCues grants the operators of public search engines a non-exclusive, personal, non-sublicensable and restricted license to access and use the Website to use spiders to copy materials from the Website for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials. SchoolCues reserves the right to revoke this license to public search engines either generally or in specific cases.
- SchoolCues has the right to terminate your access to the Website, in its sole discretion, immediately and with or without cause.
In order to access some features of the Website, you need to create an account. We reserve the right to limit participation in certain portions of the Website, particular programs or promotions, to visitors 18 years of age or older. You may never use another's account without permission. If you create an account, you agree to the following:
- You will provide accurate, current and complete information as may be prompted by the Website;
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- You will maintain the security of your password;
- You will maintain and promptly update the registration data that you provide to us;
- You will not create more than one account;
- If we disable your account, you will not create another account without our permission;
- You accept all risks of unauthorized access to your registration data and any other information you provide to us;
- You will not use SchoolCues if you are a convicted sex offender;
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our written permission;
You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account. You must notify SchoolCues immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. You will be liable for any use made of your account or password and the losses of SchoolCues or others due to such unauthorized use.
7. User Content Submissions
- The Website facilitates the submission of text, images, videos or other Content by you and other users ("User Submissions") and the hosting and publishing of such User Submissions. If you choose to view or post User Submissions, you are solely responsible for your use and do so at your own risk. You acknowledge and agree that SchoolCues does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any User Submissions. SchoolCues has complete discretion to remove or disable any User Submission, or to transfer your User Submission from one SchoolCues program to another program or portion of the Website.
- You will be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own and control all of the rights to the User Submissions that you post or distribute, or you otherwise have the lawful right to post and distribute your User Submissions to or through the Website; (ii) your User Submissions are accurate and not misleading; and (iii) the use and posting or other transmission of your User Submissions does not violate these Terms & Conditions and will not violate any rights of or cause injury to any person or entity. You further grant SchoolCues the right to pursue at law any person or entity that violates your or SchoolCues's rights in the User Submissions by a breach of these Terms & Conditions.
- By submitting the User Submissions to SchoolCues, you hereby grant SchoolCues, its affiliates and licensees, a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty free and transferable license, with the right to grant sublicensees, to use, copy, prepare derivative works of, display, reproduce, modify, adopt, translate, publish, and perform the User Submissions in any media, now known or devised in the future.
- You agree that you will not: (i) publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage SchoolCues or any third party, or bully, intimidate or harass any person; (ii) post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; (iii) post material that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence, violates any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; or (iv) misidentify yourself in submitting the User Submission, misstate your true identity or access an account belonging to someone else. SchoolCues does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed in any User Submission, and SchoolCues expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions.
- You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that SchoolCues is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to User Submissions. You may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against SchoolCues with respect to all User Submissions, and agree to indemnify and hold SchoolCues, its owners, affiliates, employees, agents and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the Website. You hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542 (if you are a California resident), and any similar provision in any other jurisdiction (if you are a resident of such jurisdiction), which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
- We appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about SchoolCues, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
Advertisements and Promotions
SchoolCues may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the Website. Your business dealings or correspondence with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers other than SchoolCues, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. SchoolCues is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence, or content of third-party advertisers advertisements and promotions on the Website.
Copyright and Content Policy
SchoolCues respects the intellectual property rights of others, and requests you to do the same. SchoolCues does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and SchoolCues will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. SchoolCues will also terminate a User's access to the Website if they are determined to be a repeat infringer of intellectual property rights. SchoolCues may also, at its sole discretion, limit access to the Website and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide SchoolCues the following information and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and the URL (web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information you have provided to us is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
You may be able to access our Website and take advantage of certain promotions or services offered at our Website via mobile devices. Please be aware that your mobile carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will still apply. Additionally, if you included your mobile telephone number in your registration data, you will need to update that information if and when you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number.
You may be able to make certain purchases on the Website. If you decide to make a purchase, you agree to be bound by and pay for that transaction. All sales are final so be sure to pay close attention to the details of the transactions and the total costs and fees. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD ON OR THROUGH SchoolCues.
When you provide us with payment information, you warrant that you are permitted to use that payment source. You authorize us to use your payment information to complete the transaction you initiate at the Website. To the fullest extent permitted by law, you waive all claims against us related to payments unless you submit the claim to us within 30 days after the charge. You are responsible for and agree to reimburse us for all reversals, charge-backs, claims, fees, fines, penalties and other liability incurred by us (including costs and related expenses) that were caused by or arising out of payments that you authorized or accepted. If you enter into a transaction with a third party and have a dispute over the goods or services you purchased we have no liability for such goods or services. Our only involvement with regard to such transaction is as a payment agent.
SchoolCues DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONTENT, OR PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY ADVERTISING, AND SchoolCues WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
Limitation of Liability
YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DISPUTE WITH US IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVCIES. IN NO EVENT WILL SchoolCues ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING OR ARISING FROM USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE UPON THE WEBSITE OR GOODS AND SERVICES OFFERED AT THE WEBSITE. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE GOODS AND SERVICES OFFERED AT THE WEBSITE WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF $25.00 OR THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US IN THE TWELVE MONTHS PRECEEDING THE DATE FROM WHICH LIABILITY AROSE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY WILL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT SchoolCues WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. YOU AND inner_page_text_second_check_1_check AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO SchoolCues AND/OR THIS WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless SchoolCues its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of the Website; (ii) your violation of these Terms & Conditions; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, publicity or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms & Conditions and your use of the Website.
These Terms & Conditions, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned or transfered by SchoolCues without restriction.
SchoolCues reserves the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time and without notice. Unless otherwise specified, any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting of the revisions on the Website, and your continued use of the Website will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. You should review the Terms & Conditions and its incorporated policies and documents from time to time to understand the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Website. If you do not agree to any amended terms, do not use this Website.